In today’s fast-paced world anxiety and stress can feel inevitable. You may feel like you’re constantly on the go and that there’s never a moment to relax. Luckily it’s possible to find calm amid chaos. By incorporating some simple habits into your daily routine, you can learn to live a calmer lifestyle.
Work is a major source of stress for many people. Even if you love your job, there are bound to be days (or even weeks) when you’re feeling overwhelmed. One way to reduce stress at work is to delegate tasks to other people.
If you’re constantly trying to do everything yourself, you’re going to end up feeling burned out. So instead, learn to delegate. Whether it’s hiring an unloading service for your e-commerce business or letting a co-worker take on some of your projects. This can be difficult if you’re used to being a control freak, but it’s essential for reducing stress.
Plus when you delegate, you’re not only sharing the workload, you’re also allowing someone else to learn and grow.
A huge step to a calmer lifestyle is to unplug from technology. You’re constantly bombarded with depressing news notifications, work emails, and social media updates that can easily trigger stress and anxiety.
By disconnecting from technology, you give yourself time to relax and de-stress. Yes, this is easier said than done.
Here are some tips for unplugging:
- Try a digital detox. This means taking a break from all electronics for a set period, such as 24 hours or even a week. During your detox, disconnect from the internet, put your phone on silent, and do not check any social media sites.
- Try an app. There are apps that can help you disconnect from technology and live a calmer lifestyle. These apps allow you to set timers to disconnect from your phone or the internet.
- Set boundaries. If you’d rather start slow, start by setting boundaries. For example, you might decide to only check your email once per day or not use your phone after 9pm.
Journaling can be a great way to get all of your thoughts and feelings down on paper. It can help you to process difficult emotions and events, and can also be a helpful tool for goal-setting and reflection.
Here’s how to start:
- Choose a journal that appeals to you. This can be a simple notebook or an online journaling platform.
- Set aside some time each day to write. Even just 10-15 minutes can be beneficial.
- Write about whatever is on your mind, without editing or censoring yourself.
Yoga combines two essential keys to relaxing- meditation and exercise. The benefits of yoga have been well documented- it can help improve your mood, ease anxiety and depression, improve sleep quality, and boost overall physical health.
There are plenty of beginner classes available online or at your local gym.
It may be challenging at first to slow down and focus on your breath, but with time and practice, you’ll be able to find a greater sense of calm and peace.
Living a calmer life can be achieved by making some simple changes to your routine. By delegating, incorporating yoga, journaling and detoxing from social media, you can help reduce stress levels and improve your overall sense of wellbeing.