Green smoothies are delicious and have excellent nutritional value as well. But the trouble starts when you decide to give your family some to drink but they simply make a face and turn it away. While it may be very difficult to convince the kids to drink it, you can always make something that wouldn’t even need for them to be tricked into it! Here are some of the best green smoothie recipes that both you and your whole family will enjoy.
1. Vanilla Lime Smoothie
This tastes just as good as it sounds and the best part is that it’s not even that difficult to make!
- Vanilla Yoghurt: ½ cup
- Honey: 2 tsp
- Banana (frozen-optional): ½
- Packed spinach leaves: 1 cup
- Milk: ½ cup
- Fresh Lime juice (About 1 medium lime, depending on juiciness): 2 tbsp
- Pure vanilla extract:1/2 tsp
- 1/2 – 1 cup ice (optional)
Add all the ingredients in the blender, leaving out the ice. Blend it until it turns into a puree and then you can add the ice and blend it further. Decorate it further so it attracts everyone’s attention and they can enjoy a delicious refreshing drink.
2. Beginner Tea Green Smoothie
This drink is healthy and takes a total of 5 minutes to make.
- Baby spinach: 1 cup
- Frozen banana slices: 1 cup
- Green grapes: 1½ cups
- Green tea (decaf for kids): 1 cup
Place all the ingredients into a blender and blend them until they’re smooth. You can decorate them with mint leaves and serve them with a delicious snack or more preferably as a nutritious drink for breakfast.
3. Tropical Green Smoothie
This drink is not only refreshing but it tastes amazing. Here’s how you can make it.
- Plain yogurt: 1 cup
- Fresh or frozen mango chunks: 1/2 cup
- Fresh or frozen pineapple chunks: 1 cup
- Fresh spinach: 2-3 big handfuls
- Chia seeds (optional): 1 T
Place all the ingredients in a blender and mix them until pureed. These vegetable smoothies will look awfully thick during blending but don’t worry, it turns out okay in the end. If you’re interested, you can pour in a little bit of honey to give it that extra sweet taste. You can serve these on the side of some freshly cut fruits and enjoy the enhanced flavor of these nutritional drinks.
4. Tropical Cure all
This drink is the ultimate medicine for headaches or hangovers and it’s delicious too!
- Coconut Water: 1 small container (11.2 oz)
- Fresh Pineapple Chunks:1/3 cup
- Fresh spinach: 4 handfuls
- Banana: 1
There’s not much to do except blending all the ingredients together until it’s nice and smooth.
Try out these recipes and enjoy them with the whole family. Everyone will absolutely love them and pretty soon will be begging you for more!